Gas fired high-intensity radiant panel heaters (luminous heaters, ceramic heaters) produce heat from a compact heating surface, and are ideal for situations where a wall or floor space is at a premium. Panel heaters are able to direct heat much more effectively than circular ‘patio’ type heaters and usually consume much less gas for the same ‘heating effect’. Fixed types are available for operation on Natural and/or LP gases. Portable heaters with heat output adjustment are available in ‘Standard’ and ‘HeatGlo’ formats for LPG operation only.
- Ceramic elements have the greatest capacity to transform energy into directional heat rays. The honeycomb pattern and outlets of each individual plaque keep combustion inside the ceramic material, increasing the surface temperature as well as the infrared heat emission.
- Stainless steel fins stabilise post-combustion, recover energy and further increase radiant output.
- The stainless steel casing and reflector assemblies provide robust construction of the complete heater to allow for a long operating life.
- The possibilities of partial heating, selection of temperatures by area and programming of operating times enable optimum energy usage.
1. Café style Portable patio heaters
- Portable patio heaters from SBM (France) are LPG fired high intensity infrared radiant panel heaters specially designed for cafes. Ceramic infrared heaters are perfect not only for cafe and restaurant outdoor areas but also for rental and catering businesses and for use on private verandas and patios. The portable infrared heaters are designed for an operational life of more than 20 years and provide energy efficient alternative to standard patio heaters and pyramid heaters.
- The HeatGlo 12 and 16 feature a stainless steel trolley / 9kg cylinder housing unit and are supplied in kit form with trolley and hose assembly with adjustable gas pressure regulator. The two models incorporate the standard 4 tiles and 5 tiles SBM ceramic tile assemblies. All models are approved for outdoor applications when shielded from rain and wind speed in excess of 15 kph, including residential applications such as verandas and patios.
2. Wall Mounted or Suspended Radiant Panel Heaters
Reclaim your space back with wall mounted or suspended radiant panel heaters. Infrared heaters from SBM provide efficient heat without taking much space and energy, heating surfaces, and not volumes of air. SBM RI & XDI Series radiant panel heaters are available in a range of sizes and for operation on either Natural or LP Gas.
Gas luminous heaters of these series range in size from 15 up to 48 MJ/hr [4.2 up to 13.5 kW] and are fully automatic in operation. All appliances are approved for use indoors in commercial and industrial premises. The RI 12 & 16 plus the XDI12 & 16 are also approved for operation outdoors when protected from rain and high winds at commercial and residential premises. The XDI Series is also available with coloured casings to blend in with the architecture.
We can provide you with complete and customized heating solutions with the opportunity to select different temperatures for different working zones (working areas, production planning, etc.).RI Datasheet XDI Datasheet
3. Industrial Type Portable Infrared Heaters
Portable infrared radiant panel heaters from SBM have LPG fired heaters with ceramic heating elements. The GM series is best suited for operation in commercial and industrial premises. They can be used to heat warehouses, workshops, garages, auto repairs, and allow applying the heat when and where it is needed. They are built to last over 20 years and are a great alternative to conventional patio heaters.
The commercial standard GM series has a powder coated foldaway steel trolley suitable for cylinders up to 45kg. The heater is supplied in kit form with trolley, hose assembly with adjustable gas pressure regulator. Three models are available – GM12SPC, GM16SPC and GM20SPC using the 4, 5 and 6 tile ceramic tile assemblies. All models are approved for outdoor applications when shielded from rain and wind speed in excess of 15 kph and can also be used on patios, verandas, and outdoor cafe areas.Datasheet
SBM reacts to the needs of its market and has developed new control modules for heating.
These new control modules include new settings and possess an overall improved interface.